Welcome to the 21 DAY, Find and Define Yourself Challenge.
Day 1: Decide Your Top 3 Personal Values
- A good place to start if this is a challenge for you is https://www.lifevaluesinventory.org/. This will help you sort out what’s what when it comes to values. Of course, you don’t have to go by what this gives you. However, if you are completely stuck like me when this question is posed, start here. https://www.lifevaluesinventory.org/.
- Remember your values are what YOU think is important. It’s vital that you don’t sell yourself short on this. Be as specific or as vague as you need to be. But take some time to think about it.
- Think about the decisions that you make on a day-to-day basis. How you spend money or how you interact with others. Is belonging one of your top three values? If you’re not sure, ask yourself is being liked and being accepted by others is something you are commonly considering. If so, how much to do you ‘value’ that over say… Concern for the environment. Another example of a value. To determine whether this is a key value for you, consider what you do on a day-to-day basis to protect the environment and how much you enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Then, decide. Which is more important. Which is more likely to influence your daily life and decisions.
- Now, these are just examples. Some other examples of personal values are Achievement, Health and activity, independence, creativity, responsibility, Financial prosperity, humility, concern for others, Objective analysis, spirituality, interdependence or privacy.
- Now, remember, the word you choose is not important. It is important in its meaning to you. Values can change over time. We are currently only worried about this point in time. Think about the you that exists at this moment right now.
What are the top 3 Values that you hold?
For your copy of the 21 Day Find & Define Yourself Challenge, click here.
Latest posts by whatarewe? (see all)
- The 21 Day Find & Define Yourself Challenge: Day 11 - January 21, 2022
- The 21 Day Find & Define Yourself Challenge: Day 10 - January 20, 2022
- The 21 Day Find & Define Yourself Challenge: Day 9 - January 19, 2022